Administer 3-4 drops of beef liver broth to weak and fading puppies every hour for 24 hours. Boil the liver for 15-20 minutes in a small amount of water, let it cool to room temp.-put just the broth into a dropper and give to puppies. You may see a response within 10 minutes. Repeat this for a week.
Miracle Potion (Glucose) for Fading Puppies 2
* 5% Glucose Syrup
* 1 tsp white corn syrup
* 4 tbsp boiled water
* a few grains of salt
* a few grains of salt substitute
* up to a full dropper or 1 cc
Canine Reproduction & Puppy Care Yahoo List
Boil one large piece of liver in a cup of water (add water if needed) until it is very cooked. Strain the liquid and freeze leftover liquid in ice cube trays and keep in plastic bag. Don't worry about liver being a filter and having toxins. So does cat poop, but the dogs will all eat it and have since they first evolved and it hasn't killed them yet.
Evaporated Goats' Milk from Powdered
Measure 10 oz of Reverse Osmosis or spring water with 1 cup of Goats Milk Powder. Whole Goats Milk powder is preferred, but you can add 2 Tbs of Canola Oil to add the missing oil if all you can find is 2% or skim Goats Milk powder.
* One 10-12oz can of evaporated goats milk, or evaporated cows milk. Goats Milk is more like the Bitches milk than Cows Milk.
* 3 oz of Liver water (above)
* One raw egg yolk
* One cup of whole fat live culture yogurt
* One tablespoon of mayo or canola oil
* One dropper of infant vitamins
* One teaspoon of Corn Syrup...light or dark...doesn't matter which
Mix in a blender, keeps in your fridge for 7 days. This is a thick formula, so adjust holes in nipples if necessary. It can be tubed. It has 10-12 calories per cc which should allow for good weight gain on your babies.
Myra's thoughts on this formula:
It is thick enough to avoid aspiration
There is enough yogurt to avoid diarrhea issues that are so common with tubing
There is enough glucose to avoid hypoglycemia
There is also enough glucose to avoid constipation, common with tubing
There are enough calories to set up a weight gaining pattern immediately
Amino Acids in sufficient quantities to avoid juvenile cataract
It is high in Fats, Proteins and Carbohydrates with vitamins, minerals and iron and designed especially to head off the problems we all seem to have with tubing/hand raised babies.
Mix all together and feed as a morning meal in addition to her regular food.
* 1 tbsp Cooked Pureed Pumpkin (Not Pumpkin Pie Filling)
* 2 tbsp Yogurt (Live culture)
* 1 capsule of Slippery Elm (Open the capsule and mix the powder into the meal.)
* 2 tbsp Cottage Cheese
* 1 Hard Boiled Egg.
* I also add 1 tbsp of psyllium husks (or plain unflavoured Metamucil), if things are not firming up the way I like.
* 1 package Vanilla Pudding (cooked kind)
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 4 cups milk
* 4 egg yolks
Cook on low heat to a pudding consistency. Feed by syringe if necessary at least 20cc twice a day of in bowl; Most will love it and will eat it readily.
If you don't have a package of vanilla pudding on hand you can mix the following in a saucepan and cook to pudding consistency.
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 6 tbsp cornstarch
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 4 cups milk (or one can evaporated milk plus equal parts water to make quart)
* 4 egg yolks
* 3 tsp vanilla
Feed with syringe, on spoon, or let eat from bowl.
* 1 cup milk (I used powdered non-fat milk)
* 1 tsp. honey
* 1-2 tsp. flax seed oil (keep refrigerated after opening bottle)
* 1 raw egg (or two yolks)
1 or 2 junket tablets (crushed) (You'll find these in baking/pudding section, it's a thickener for some recipes, put a tablet in a small bowl & crush with back of spoon, then add the next tablet & crush, etc.)
Mix it up with egg beater or blender and let it sit at room temperature for 10 min. to let the junket tablets work. It thickens up slightly but is still quite easily poured.
Fennel tea is often used by human Moms to bring in their milk. It is good to see that it is a solution for the nursing Bitch as well.
* Fennel Tea
* 1 tsp of fennel seed, lightly crushed
* put in a mug and pour 1 cup of boiling water over the seeds
* let steep for 20 minutes and then remove the seeds.
* Add a bit of sugar or honey to sweeten a bit as it's kind of bitter
* Let cool
* Dose is 3cc for every 5lbs of body weight, twice a day
A handful of puppy training tips.. New dog owners often have the same response after the first few weeks of intermittent sleep and random deposits on their floors when they get a new puppy: “It’s like having a baby.” In actuality, it’s like having a baby that can run. Raising a puppy is not easy, […]
When a new puppy arrives in the house, it’s an exciting time for everyone. In order for the homecoming to proceed as smoothly as possible, it’s a good idea to spend a little bit of time in preparation. One of the major challenges of dog ownership (particularly for first-time owners) is the issue of house […]