Do you have all your Puppy Gear?
A first time puppy owner will need quite a few things to start off with, and it’s best if you’ve acquired these items before you bring your new puppy home.
Have these supplies on hand when you bring your new puppy home:
These are recommendations for our Mini Aussiedoodle puppies for the most part.
- a bag of high grade grain free dog food your puppy is currently eating (ask your breeder)
- Stainless-steel, non-tipping food and water bowls.
- I.D. tags with the contact information for yourself.
- A “breakaway” collar and 6-foot leather or nylon leash (I recommend a dog harness for walking small breed dogs)
- A crate – puppy pen or baby gates (recommend the Midwest 1524 iCrate Pet Crate 24-By-18 -By-19-Inch and the IRIS Indoor/Outdoor Plastic Pet Pen)
- Dog shampoo (Earthbath All Natural Puppy Shampoo or Bio-Groom Fluffy Puppy Shampoo) and a nice conditioner like (Cloud Star Buddy Rinse Conditioner – Lavender & Mint)
- Brushes and combs (Li’l Pals Slicker Extra Small)
- Cleanup supplies such as a stain remover, paper towels, floor dusters and a deodorizing spray (I highly recommend any of Nature’s Miracle Stain and Odor Remover products)
- Puppy Pads (there is a huge difference in the quality of pads (I recommend the Nature’s Miracle Advanced Ultra Absorbent Pads )
- Toys, stuffed animals, chewy bones
- A comfy bed
- A good vet in your area
- Research some puppy trainers and classes in your area and enroll them asap
To help make bringing puppy home a little easier I’ve written a new list of things that I think will make your life easier….hope it helps!
Link below..My product reviews are always 100% honest. This page uses affiliate links for both Chewy.com and Amazon.com. If you choose to click on one of my links and shop on their websites then I may receive compensation for the referral.